Using Godaddy.com domains
If you haven't setup your oily.life website, click here to do that first - the domain is added later.
The Estate Package has the ability to use a fully custom URL. If you have the sprout or garden package click here to upgrade.
If your domain is registered with godaddy.com you have two options
Option 1 - I take care of setup
- Login to your godaddy account
- Click on "Account Settings" -> "Delegate Access"
- Give access to email@example.com ( you can remove access at anytime )
- Message me here, and let me know what your domain is, and I'll take care of setup.
Option 2 - You take care of setup
Really nothing can go wrong that can't be fixed, but I've found that if people haven't done it before, making DNS changes can be confusing and take some time.
- Login to your Godaddy account, click on "My Products" from the main menu
- Click on the DNS Button
- Scroll Down until you see "Records" and look under the "Type" Column for "A"
- 98% of the time there will only be one A record. If there are are two+, click the pencil icon and delete all but one of them. Once you have one A record, click the Pencil icon to edit it.
- Delete whatever is entered under value and enter 188.8.131.52 in the value field
- Hit Save, and confirm changes if prompted
- Let us know that you've made the changes and what your domain is. We'll take care of the final steps on our end.
- DNS changes can take up to 48hrs to propagate. Additionally, during the setup phase your domain may resolve to our home page - this is normal and just means that your domain is pointed at our site, but not yet applied to your individual account.