Event Calendar + RSVPs
On This Page
- Basic intro Video
- Adding Events
- Adding Event Link to your Menu
- Changing Default View between "list" and "Calendar"
- Syncing a facebook calendar to your site.
- Collecting RSVP's
Adding a New Event
- Login to your Dashboard
- Click "Events" from your admin menu and "Add New"
- Fill in the important info
- Event Title and Details go in the big box
- Time and Date
- Location - enter in a location if people are supposed to attend in person
- Organizers - you can add contact information for whoever is hosting
- Event Website - This could be a facebook event, or a link to a paid ticketing service like Event Bright
- Cost - Leave blank and it won't show
- On the Right hand side of the screen are some options
- Make sure to choose a featured image, which will show up in your list of events, and also if you share the event link on facebook
- Once you're finished click "Publish" in the upper right of your screen
Add a link to your Events page to your menu
- From your site Dashboard click on "Pages"
- find the page that is titled "Events"
- Click on it to Edit
- Click in the upper right of the edit screen to "Publish" - this will add the link to your menu
Display Events List or Calendar View
When someone clicks your "Events" link, you can either have the shown a list of upcoming events, or a calendar. Here is how to change the default.
- From your admin dashboard click on "Events" and then "Settings"
- Scroll down until you see "Default View" and choose between List, Month, or Day
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and save your settings
Importing a Facebook Calendar
- From your site dashboard click on Events and choose "import"
- Choose your import origin
- Choose your Import type - choose scheduled if you want it to sync automatically
- Choose Schedule - Pick Once a day or Once a week - We pay for each sync, so please do not sync more frequently than once per day.
- Put in your Calendar URL - this can be any publically accessible calendar - Facebook Business Page, Personal Page, or public Group - Hit Preview
- If all looks good, click Save Scheduled Import
You can collect RSVP through the event on your website - If you choose this option, your event will be listed as FREE. If you want to collect money for your events, I recommend using event bright or another paid ticketing service. You can list the events on your site, and then include the event bright link as the URL for the event.
- On the event editing screen, scroll to the bottom of the page and look for "Tickets" - add an image, and then click "add new ticket"
- Fill in ticket details
- When you view your event you'll now have a Confirm RSVP button. If someone RSVPs they'll get an email with event details